Skin & Aesthetic Surgery of Manhattan
Michelle Henry, MD
Board Certified Dermatologist located in Midtown East, Manhattan, NY
What is Picosure?
Picosure is a groundbreaking laser technology that has transformed the fields of dermatology and aesthetic medicine. Utilizing ultra-short picosecond pulses of laser energy, Picosure offers effective solutions for skin revitalization, tattoo removal, and treatment of various pigment-related concerns. This cutting-edge technology delivers targeted energy to the skin in picoseconds, enabling precise and efficient treatment with minimal discomfort and downtime.
Picosure Laser Q & A
Which Areas Can Picosure Treat?
Picosure's versatility makes it an ideal choice for addressing a range of concerns on different areas of the body, including:
- Tattoo Removal: Picosure is particularly known for its ability to remove tattoos of various colors and sizes. It breaks down ink particles into smaller fragments, allowing the body to naturally eliminate them over time.
- Pigment Issues: The technology can effectively treat pigmentation problems such as sunspots, age spots, melasma, and freckles, resulting in more even-toned skin.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Picosure stimulates collagen production, leading to smoother, tighter, and more youthful-looking skin.
Who is a Candidate for Picosure?
Picosure is suitable for a wide range of individuals seeking skin rejuvenation or tattoo removal. Potential candidates include:
- Tattoo Recipients: Individuals who wish to remove unwanted tattoos, whether for personal, professional, or aesthetic reasons.
- Those with Pigmentation Issues: Individuals with pigmented lesions, uneven skin tone, or other pigment-related concerns.
- Aging Individuals: Picosure's skin rejuvenation capabilities make it an attractive option for individuals looking to address signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Various Skin Types: Picosure is safe and effective for all skin types, including those with lighter or darker skin tones.
How Long Does Picosure Take?
The duration of a Picosure treatment session depends on the size of the area being treated and the specific concern. Smaller areas or individual tattoos may take just a few minutes, while larger treatment areas might require longer sessions. Multiple sessions are typically recommended for optimal results, and Dr. Henry will provide a personalized treatment plan based on your goals.
Is Picosure Painful?
Picosure treatments are known for their minimal discomfort. The technology's rapid energy delivery minimizes heat buildup, reducing the sensation of pain. Many patients compare the sensation to the snapping of a rubber band against the skin. In some cases, a topical numbing cream may be applied to further enhance comfort during the procedure.
How Can I Prepare for Picosure?
To ensure a successful and comfortable Picosure treatment, consider the following preparation steps:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with Dr. Henry to discuss your concerns, goals, and medical history.
- Sun Protection: Protect your skin from sun exposure before and after the treatment, as sunburned or tanned skin can affect the procedure's outcomes and safety.
- Avoid Skin Products: Refrain from using harsh skincare products or exfoliants a few days before your treatment.
- Avoid Blood Thinners: If applicable, avoid blood-thinning medications or supplements to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Discuss Medications: Inform Dr. Henry about any medications, supplements, or medical conditions you have.
Picosure is a revolutionary laser technology that offers precise and effective solutions for a range of aesthetic concerns, from tattoo removal to skin rejuvenation. Its ability to deliver quick pulses of energy makes it a sought-after choice for patients seeking efficient and comfortable treatments. To determine if Picosure is suitable for your needs, consult with Dr. Henry who can provide personalized guidance based on your unique goals and concerns.