Skin & Aesthetic Surgery of Manhattan
Michelle Henry, MD
Board Certified Dermatologist located in Midtown East, Manhattan, NY
What is Alma TED?
Alma TED, which stands for "Trans-Epidermal Delivery," is an innovative and non-invasive aesthetic treatment that combines the latest advancements in medical science and technology. Using an ultrasound-based system, it penetrates the scalp via targeted electromagnetic pulses and algorithms. These mechanisms enable Alma TED to help to restore hair thickness and improve overall scalp health.
Alma TED Hair Restoration Q & A
Which areas can Alma TED Treat?
Alma TED can perform hair restoration in a variety of areas. Common treatment areas include:
- Scalp: Scalp hair restoration is the most common and well-known application. It can help individuals who are experiencing male or female pattern baldness, receding hairlines, or thinning hair on the scalp.
- Eyebrows: Hair restoration techniques can be employed to enhance the appearance of thin or sparse eyebrows, creating a fuller and more defined look.
- Beard: For individuals with patchy or uneven beard growth, beard hair restoration can be performed to achieve a thicker and more uniform beard.
Who is a candidate for Alma TED?
Alma TED is suitable for a wide range of individuals who are seeking non-surgical solutions for hair rejuvenation. Potential candidates often possess:
- Pattern Baldness or Hair Thinning: Candidates often have male or female pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) or noticeable hair thinning, which can be improved with hair restoration.
- Good General Health: Candidates should generally be in good overall health. Chronic health conditions or underlying medical issues should be well-managed.
- Commitment to Aftercare: Candidates should be willing to follow post-treatment care instructions provided by Dr. Henry. This may include taking prescribed medications, avoiding certain activities, and protecting the treated area from sun exposure.
How long does Alma TED Take?
The duration of an Alma TED treatment session can vary based on the specific area being treated and the extent of the concern. Generally, sessions can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. One of the advantages of Alma TED is that it requires no downtime, allowing individuals to resume their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Is Alma TED Painful?
Alma TED is known for its comfort and lack of pain. Many patients report a sensation similar to a warm massage during the treatment. This makes Alma TED a well-tolerated option for individuals seeking hair restoration without the need for anesthesia or numbing creams.
How Can I Prepare for Alma TED?
To ensure the best results from your Alma TED treatment, consider the following preparation steps:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with Dr. Henry to discuss your aesthetic goals and assess your suitability for the treatment.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Minimize sun exposure and wear sunscreen regularly in the weeks leading up to the procedure to protect your skin.
- Hydration: Keep your skin well-hydrated by drinking water and using moisturizers as recommended by your practitioner.
- Arrive Clean: Ensure your treatment area is free from lotions, creams, or makeup on the day of the procedure.
- Discuss Medical History: Inform Dr. Henry of any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are currently taking.
Alma TED offers a groundbreaking solution for individuals seeking non invasive, non-surgical hair restoration. To determine if Alma TED is right for you, it's recommended to consult with Dr. Henry who can provide personalized advice based on your individual needs and goals.